Goa Tourism's Official
Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing
Bus Service


1 Day Pass : Rs. 300 (Tour itinerary is same)

Note :

  • Prices inclusive of all taxes. No hidden charges.
  • Child upto 3ft height

Terms & Conditions Click Here

Sightseeing Tour
St. Catherine Chappel


The first ever Christian ecclesiastical structure to be built in Goa, was the small yet elegant St. Catherine's Chapel located at Old Goa. But unfortunately, very few people or tourists take note of this Chapel of immense historical significance and pertinence.

The Portuguese 'governador' Afonso de Albuquerque had constructed it originally in 1510, dedicated to St. Catherine since it was on her feast day; i.e. November 25, 1510, that he was successful in re-conquering Goa from the Adhil Shah of Bijapur. Originally, there stood a mosque of the Adil Shah's city from where Afonso de Albuquerque entered the city. You can see the fort wall of Adil Shah even now opposite the Chapel at Old Goa. Albuquerque ordered the demolition of the mosque on November 25, 1510 and built a modest Chapel there with mud, palm leaves, etc.

It was enlarged in 1550 by the Portuguese Governor, George Cabral and re-built in 1952 using laterite blocks. It has a tower on either side of the facade and the interior is plain with only an altar. On one side of the Chapel is a stone inscription in Portuguese. The Chapel has rectangular window panes of the Old Portuguese style dressed in mica shells. It is perhaps the second or the third oldest Christian structures in entire Asia. The Church of St. Francis of Asisi at Old Goa lies next to it. Although the Chapel is not functional now, its historical significance goes back to the inaugural year of the Portuguese rule.
ASI Museum


ASI Museum, The museum was established in 1964 and reorganized in 1981–82. Housed in the convent portion of the church of St. Francis of Assisi, antiquities displayed in 8 galleries include the objects from the prehistoric and early historic period to the late medieval period. The importance of this museum lies in the display of the portrait paintings of governors and viceroys, wooden sculptures, pillars, capitals, postal stamps likewise many other objects which belong to the Portuguese period in Goa.

The showcases have been provided to display the important objects the pedestals are prepared to display the heavy stone and wooden objects. The portraits are displayed utilizing both natural and artificial light.
Master pieces in the collection includes: Luis Vaz de Camees, Vishnu with ten incarnation, Surya, Gajalakshmi, wooden sculpture of John the Baptist, ivory sculptures of Jesus Crucification, bronze statue of Albuquerques (first governor of Goa), hero stone, sati stone, Persian and Arabic inscription, portrait paintings of Vasco da Gama, Com Joa de Castro, Portuguese arms like rifle, swords and daggers, etc.

The additional facilities provided for the visitors include the potable drinking water, clean inventory, video show on World Heritage properties in India, children activity center, publication sale counter.

Opening Hours: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Closed on: Friday

Entrance Fee: Rs. 5/- per head
(Children up to 15 years free)
Se Cathedral


One of the most ancient and celebrated religious buildings of Goa, this magnificent 16th century monument to the Roman Catholic rule in Goa under the Portuguese is the largest church in Asia. The Cathedral is dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria on whose feast day in 1510 Alfonso Albuquerque defeated the Muslim army and took possession of the city of Goa. Hence it is also known as St. Catherine's' Cathedral.
Arch of Viceroy


Arch Of Viceroy, Perhaps the best way to arrive in Old Goa is the same way that visitors did in the city’s heyday. Approaching along the wide Mandovi River, new arrivals would have first glimpsed the city’s busy wharf just in front of the symbolic arched entrance to the city.

This archway, known as the Viceroy’s Arch, was erected by Vasco da Gama’s grandson, Francisco da Gama, who became viceroy in 1597. On the side facing the river the arch (which was restored in 1954 following a collapse) is ornamented with the deer emblem on Vasco da Gama’s coat of arms. Above it in the centre of the archway is a statue of da Gama himself.

On the side facing the city is a sculpture of a European woman wielding a sword over an Indian, who is lying under her feet. No prizes for guessing the message here, as the Inquisition made its way liberally across the city. The arch originally had a third storey with a statue of St Catherine.
Basilica of Bom Jesus


The Bom Jesus Basilica, perhaps Goa's most famous church and among the most revered by Christians worldwide, is partially in ruins but still a model of simplicity and elegance, and a fine example of Jesuit architecture. This is the only church in Old Goa, which is not plastered on the outside, the lime plaster having been stripped off by a zealous Portuguese conservationist in 1950. Located at Old Goa, 10 kilometers east of Panaji, the Bom Jesus Basilica is a World Heritage Monument.
St. Augustine Tower


This forty six meter high colossal four storied arched belfry tower built of laterite, formed part of the facade of the church of St. Augustine facing east. The ruins of eight chapels, four altars and extensive convent with numerous cells may be seen. This tower and church was build in 1602 by the St. Augustinian Friars.

The Friars of Augustinian Order arrived in Goa in 1572 and built a small convent on holy hill and later it was enlarged. The convent building has three storey provided with two large stone staircases leading to the floors above. On entering the convent there were two cloisters, corridors, pillars, Galleries, Halls having numerous rooms are facory(dinning hall), Guest house and Infirmary (First Aid) which were very spacious. It also had vast dormitories and numerous cells and other structures which are now in ruins.

In 1835 this complex was abandoned due to the expulsion of the religious orders from Goa and the Portuguese Government ordered its demolition. In 1846 the main vault of the Church collapsed and the convent rapidly decayed. The valuable articles belonging to the religious complex were either sold or lost, being nowadays dispersed over many churches in Goa. The bell from the tower was initially taken to Fort Aguada and later in 1871 was shifted to the Church of Our lady of immaculate Conception church in Panjim.
Goa State Museum


The State of Goa has got long historical and cultural tradition. The State Museum of Goa is set up, with the aim at centralizing and preserving antiquities, art objects and objects of cultural importance, throwing light on the ancient historical and cultural traditions of Goa and exhibiting them thematically, so as to depict different aspects of the Goan History and Culture.

The Museum, at present has in its possession a fairly large collection which is increasing day by day.

The Museum, was set up on small scale in 1977 at St.Inez, Panaji. After construction of this present building the same was shifted here and this new Museum Complex at Patto was inaugurated by the then President Of India on 18th June 1996.
Mandovi River View


The Mandovi River also known as Mahadayi' or Mhadei river, is described as the lifeline of Goa. The river has a length of 77 kilometers in total. It originates from a cluster of 30 springs at Bhimgad in the Western Ghats in the Belgaum district of Karnataka. With its cerulean waters, Dudhsagar Falls and Varapoha Falls, it is also known as the Gomati in a few places. The Mandovi and the Zuari are the two primary rivers in the state of Goa.
Panjim Church


The Panjim Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception is placed on the hillside and just high above the Idalco Palace built by Adil Shah. Standing on the gallery of the church, you can see the entire view of the lovely Panjim city. It is one of Panjim's best attractions located in the heart of Panjim city and is the first church of Goa, built in 1541.

In this century this area was hilly and residential. Land around was swampy covered by the field of paddy, coconuts groves and watery. It was in 1843 the land was developed by the Viceroy when he took over Panjim; and in the year 1855 the 'Praca de Flores' (Square of Flower's) was built in front of the church. In the year 1619 the church was re-constructed by enlarging it further looking at the population growth.

The decoration of the Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception church is simple, but still it is amazing to the eyes because of it simplicity. In the year 1871, the great bell belonging to the Augustinian Church of Our Lady which is in Old Goa was brought here in Panjim Church to install. After the Golden Bell in Se Cathedral, this is second bell which is large and heavy in weight and due to this the whole pediment of the fa?ade was renovated and increased in the size.

The Panjim Church has ordinary interior. The main altar is honoured to Mary Immaculate, and it has two more altars, on the left is Jesus crucified and to the right is Our Lady of the Rosary. On the both sides there are two marble statues, one of St. Peter and one of St. Paul. On the right of the main altar in the south transept there is a Chapel of St. Francis Xavier.
Palace of Arch Bishop (Drive Pass)


The Bishops Palace also known as the Patriarcal Palace is situated in Altinho the hillock overlooking the city of Panaji. It is one of the main attraction in this area and is the residence of the Archbishop of Goa.

In order to reflect the elevation of the Archbishop to a Patriarch, the Bishop's Palace was constructed. The diocese of Goa was established here in the year 1533, and raised to an Archdiocese in 1557.

The development of this area had began in year 1886 starting with the work of Archbishop to Patriarchal status finishing by the year 1894, the first Patriarch, Dom Antonio Sebastiao Valente entrance is designed with coats of arms.
Miramar Beach


Miramar is the beach area of the Goan capital of Panjim and is one of the most visited beaches of Goa. Many people, mostly tourists, come to this beach every day. Originally named Porta de Gaspar Dias by the Portuguese, the name was then changed to Miramar. Situated at the confluence of the Mandovi River and the Arabian Sea, it is a small beach that occasionally hosts some events.

Miramar Garden
Its a small natural garden near the Miramar Beach.
Goa Science Center


Goa Science Center is located on New Marine Highway, Miramar, Panjim. The Science Center is spread over 5 acres of land. The center also has a huge outdoor park complete with lush green lawns and exotic flowers. Most of the large exhibits require full participation from visitors as it teaches them about basic principles of physics. Daily Science Shows are organized for children; while the Digital Planetarium, 3-D Film Shows, Science Demonstration Lectures, Science Film Shows, Taramandal Shows and the Cyberlab Shows are meant for all ages. The Science Center has a fully air-conditioned auditorium with 140 seating capacity. The Cyberlab is a Multimedia Computer Lab designed to demonstrate and spread IT awareness to the public.
Dona Paula


Dona Paula beach is located just about 7-km from Panaji. This place is called the Lovers Paradise in Goa, named after Dona Paula de Menezes. A myth has been attached to this place and according one legend the Viceroy's daughter after facing objections from her family about her love affair with a poor fisherman jumped of the cliff.

The enticing story is about a girl named Dona Paula de Menzes, after whom the Goa beach has been named. She was the daughter of a viceroy in colonial India, who threw herself off the cliff, when refused permission to marry a local fisherman, Gaspar Dias.

Another legend says that punished for captivating Francisco de Tavora- the Count of Alvor with her charm, the Viceroy's daughter was pushed off a cliff to drown in the waters below. Her irrepressible spirit still continues to haunt every visitor with legends of her lovers. She is even supposed to have been seen emerging from moonlit waves wearing only a pearl necklace.

The place where two of Goa's famous rivers meet the Arabian Sea is the bay of Dona Paula with a very good view of the Marmagao Harbour. 7-km from Panjim, situated on the south side of the, hammer-shaped headland that divides the Zuari and Mandovi, is a fishing village. This is a spot to sunbathe and relax. Jet skiing is a very common sport at this beach.
Kala Academy


The Kala Academy is a vibrant representation of the culture and art of the people of Goa and this is expressed in the scores of events held in its premises. Audiences in the Kala Academy have three venues to choose from, the Dinanath Mangeshkar Kala Mandir (AC Auditorium), the Open Amphi-theatre and the Exhibition Hall. The Kala Academy has also four Schools of Music viz. The School of Indian Music, The School of Western Music, The School of Drama and The School Of Dance. Performances ranging from concerts to plays and varied exhibitions held from time to time form a major attraction for Goa's people and tourists. Even the casual entertainment-seeker will find a host of programs catering to a wide range of interests.
Bhagwan Mahavir Garden


The forest department of Government of Goa maintains a serene garden along the Mandovi River in the posh Campal area of Panaji. Also known as Bhagwan Mahavir Children's Park, it is a sprawling green space for residents and features many attractions, especially to families with kids. On the riverside, you could pedal boats as a fun activity, enjoy titbits at its restaurant or simply walk around its lawns. A huge canon that makes for a good selfie spot for many visitors rests at the entrance. Situated on Dayanand Bandodkar Road, this could be a good respite from the parties of Goa and to breathe in fresh air over quiet morning or evening walks.

The garden is characterized by a huge statue of Bhagwan Mahavir in lotus position. Mahavir is the 24th and last of the tirthankaras or the teaching Gods of the Jain religion. He lived and attained enlightenment in the 6th century BCE and preached philosophy to his followers across India. Born to a warrior family, he laid down the principles of Ahimsa where non-violence is the supreme ethic and virtue. Mahatma Gandhi too revered him as the greatest authority on the subject. The statue was installed in 2004 and was unveiled by then Chief Minister of Goa Mr. Manohar Parrikar.
Panjim Market


A must-visit for all those who wish to carry a bit of Goa back with them, Panjim market offers a variety of goods like Wines, Cashew Nuts, Local Handicrafts, Goan spices and also has a multiplex and an array of eateries in the vicinity.
Offering amazing variety and price, Goa is a shopaholics dream in its true sense. Shopping in Goa is a mix of bargaining at the flea market, indulging into luxurious shopping at a plush mall, buying specialized fashion clothing and accessories from a designer boutique, scouting shops that sell eccentric beach wear and tees, or visiting book-stores that have everything from mythological to fiction. However, tourists in Goa have a keen interest towards hovering in mid-week flea markets or night bazaars that feature chirping voices, multifarious colors and where bargaining is on full. So, if you are a shopaholic , go on and read all about the best markets for shopping in Goa.
Casino Point


Goa is one of the few states in India where gambling is legal. Casinos in Goa can be found on boats anchored in the Mandovi River, and onshore in some upmarket hotels. Most of the action, with live tables, takes place on the floating casinos -which are entertainment destinations within themselves.
River Cruise Point


The Goa Tourism Development Corporation (GTDC) runs a variety of river cruises on the Mandovi river — daytime, sunset and moonlight. There are two types of day cruises -- from the Panaji jetty, down the Mandovi into the Zuari bay and up the Mandovi to Aldona and a mineral water spring. A few private firms also offer a variety of imaginative cruises or boat tours for sunset views as well as for crocodile or dolphin spotting.